Size of community
User interface quality
Cost and support
– Launched in 2004 by a TV presenter
– One of the UK’s most popular dating websites
– Over 200,000 active members each month
– Average of 2 marriages per week thanks to MSF
MySingleFriend is a unique dating website which makes it stand out from the rest. Instead of the daunting activity of filling in long questionnaires and filling in boxes about your life story and how many kids you want, your best mate does it all for you! They complete your profile and write a description about you. They can even make recommendations of members they think could be potential matches. All you have to do is log on and either decline or accept these recommendations. You can do your own searching as well, of course. It’s fun to see what your friends think about you and it’s more likely that the descriptions of other members written by their friends are true, so no unfortunate surprises on the first date. Score.
If you would rather start it yourself, you can create your own profile then give a friend’s e-mail address when signing up. They still are responsible for writing your description and can still recommend matches for you.
Before joining, you can create a free profile and browse members, so that you don’t sign-up blindly. Each profile on the site is approved by a small customer service team, which ensures that each e-mail is personally responded to. It’s comforting to know that your e-mails aren’t responded to by robots, but real people that have feelings and understand.
As each profile is reviewed and monitored, there’s a lesser risk of coming across scammers and fake profiles. You can feel at ease and relax in this way. Enjoy the experience. Who knew on-line dating could be so fun and easy?
The simplicity of the interface
The interface is simple and easy to use.
When you log-in, there are links for you to quickly access a folder of members you’ve viewed, members you’ve “liked”, people who have favourited or viewed your profile as well as mutual likes. This saves a lot of time and increases your chances of finding that special someone. You can send e-mails but you cannot send “winks”.
It is free to sign-up, search, select favourites and see who visited your profile. However, you cannot receive or send mails to members without being a paid member. The following are the prices for subscription:
• 6 month subscription: £13.17 per month
• 3 month subscription: £18.33 per month
• 1 month subscription: £28.00
• 7 day subscription: £7.00
• Many events and competitions available to participate in
• Mobile app available
• Each profile hand-approved by customer service team
• Unique and innovative
• No chat / instant messaging
• Not many members in smaller towns so more suited for people in places like London, Glasgow, Edinburgh, Manchester and Cardiff
• Not suitable for people who don’t like to involve their friends in their love life
• Quite costly compared to other dating sites