Size of community
User interface quality
Cost and support
– Match is the UK’s largest dating website and boasts more than 4.5 million members in the UK and over 60 million members around the world.
– Suited to people between the ages of 18 and 65
– Match is now available in 25 countries and more than eight languages
– Match is part of MEETIC, which is considered Europe’s leading dating company.
Signing up for Match is free and simple. Unlike other dating websites, there is no lengthy questionnaires to fill out. The questions are simple and don’t take a lot of time to answer. These questions are used by a comparison tool to find people you share a lot in common with.
You do not have to fill in all your personal details for your profile as soon as you create an account. This comes in handy for people who might not be sure about how to make their profile seem attractive, what to include and what to leave out (see our article “How do you make your profile attractive?”). It’s also useful so that you can discover the site and decide whether or not you would like to pay a membership fee. You can immediately start browsing profiles after creating an account, allowing you to quickly start meeting people.
Match can boast that it is the UK’s largest and oldest on-line dating website so you can be sure there are a wide range of people to choose from. Each age group is represented. You can meet people from the UK or from abroad. A handy tool on this dating website is the contact filters. You can search for people who live close to you (by postcode) or not, blonde or brunette, a lawyer or a housewife, a Christian or an atheist… These contact filters are very useful due to the sheer number of members on Match. You also can “remove” profiles so that, if you don’t quite hit it off with someone, they will not appear in your suggestions again. The site guarantees discretion and security to put your mind at ease.
The interface and support
Match’s interface is very popular due to its simplicity and clarity. This has lead to a growing popularity amongst older people who are looking for love. On Match, there is a wide range of actions available. You no longer are limited to just sending messages to express your interest in people you meet on-line.You can send winks and chat with members. The site offers a “Daily6″ feature which selects 6 profiles for you daily which the site thinks matches your dating criteria. The mobile version of the site and the app are both very well designed. You can connect 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Signing up and browsing the site are free. The following are the prices the membership:
• 6 month subscription: £12.99 per month
• 3 month subscription: £19.99 per month
• 1 month subscription: £29.99
• Large community of single people looking for serious relationships
• All age groups represented, suited for people between the ages of 18 and 65
• Lack of fake profiles
• Smartphone app available
• Not suitable for casual relationships
• Automatic re-billing
• The fact that there is such a huge community of members can make it a tiresome process to sift through and find that special someone