Size of community
User interface quality
Cost and support
– DatingDirect is owned by Match which is the UK’s largest dating website and boasts more than 4.5 million members in the UK and over 60 million members around the world.
– Launched in 1999 in the UK
– DatingDirect is part of MEETIC, which is considered Europe’s leading dating company.
DatingDirect is owned by Match and there isn’t much difference between the two. You can sign-in to DatingDirect with your Match username and password. This is great as it means that any DatingDirect member can browse for matches on both the DatingDirect and Match databases. Your chances of finding that special someone are greatly increased and you are presented with a greater variety to choose from. This greatly increases your chances of finding that perfect someone.
All profiles are clear and informative. This makes it easy to look through profiles and quickly decide whether these members meet your needs and desires in a match. The search interface is easy to use so there is an increasing popularity amongst older users.
Signing up for DatingDirect is free and simple. Unlike other dating websites, there is no lengthy questionnaires to fill out. The questions are simple and don’t take a lot of time to answer. You can immediately start browsing profiles after creating an account, allowing you to quickly start meeting people.
Each age group is represented. You can meet people from the UK or from abroad. A handy tool on this dating website is the contact filters. You can search for people who live close to you (by postcode) or not, blonde or brunette, a lawyer or a housewife, a Christian or an atheist… You also can “remove” profiles so that, if you don’t quite hit it off with someone, they will not appear in your suggestions again. The site guarantees discretion and security to put your mind at ease.
Unlike Match, however, DatingDirect does not offer a smartphone app. They do still offer a mobile version so you can keep connected while on-the-go.
The interface and support
DatingDirect’s interface is very popular due to its simplicity and clarity. On DatingDirect, there is a wide range of actions available. You no longer are limited to just sending messages to express your interest in people you meet on-line. You can send winks and enjoy the instant messaging feature for real-time one-to-one conversations. The site also offers a “Daily6″ feature which selects 6 profiles for you every day which the site thinks matches your dating criteria. You can connect 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
DatingDirect’s site offers a lot of expert dating advice and tips so that your on-line dating experience is as pleasurable as possible.
Joining DatingDirect, browsing its members and sending winks are free. The following are the prices the membership:
• 6 month subscription: £12.99 per month
• 3 month subscription: £19.99 per month
• 1 month subscription: £29.99
• High probability of finding someone special to start a serious relationship with
• All age groups represented
• Lack of fake profiles
• Smartphone app available
• Sign-up is free and takes less than two minutes
• Not suitable for casual relationships
• Automatic re-billing
• The fact that there is such a huge community of members can make it a tiresome process to sift through and find that special someone
• No smartphone app available